|Server and Storage Consolidation
Aztech Solutions server and storage consolidation solution can provide an immediate return on investment. We will improve
your IT infrastructure's performance, availability and manageability by providing a custom-designed, best-of-breed solution to meet your business requirements.
Information is critical to the success of all businesses and a consolidated storage/server infrastructure provides the storage foundation for a highly-flexible and responsive IT strategy.
Apply for a free Server & Storage Consolidation Audit...
What is Server & Storage Consolidation?
Storage consolidation is the concept of centralizing and sharing storage resources among multiple application servers.
Storage consolidation architectures are designed to address the limitations with direct-attached storage and solve the growing data demands of information rich business environments.
Why Invest in a Server & Storage Consolidation Solution?
The primary reason for deploying a storage consolidation solution is to simplify and optimize the current storage infrastructure.
Huge data growth over the past several years has meant many businesses have had to rapidly expand storage sub-systems to accommodate the new capacity, performance and availability requirements demanded by business units.
This has often meant a situation where there are many separate servers and storage infrastructures in place, resulting in difficult management, inefficiency, high costs and an inability to meet the demands of the business environment.
Storage consolidation is generally achieved through 3 specific architectural methods:
- Enterprise RAID storage consolidation
- Storage Area Network (SAN) storage consolidation
- Network-attached storage (NAS) storage consolidation
The actual method by which the solution is implemented is largely down to your current infrastructure and your specific business environment.
- Simplified Environment-The whole environment becomes easier to manage. Therefore staff costs are reduced and less staff are required to manager larger amounts of storage and IT resource.
- Lower Annual Maintenance Costs-As the infrastructure is simplified allowing older, expensive to maintain equipment to be phased out or moved to a lower level support contract.
- High Availability-Reducing the numbers of servers and associated storage allows data to be simply replicated, in real-time, to a remote location ensuring immediate system availability in the event of a major failure disaster.
- Disaster Recovery-As the data is now stored on an enterprise-class storage device, normally difficult to manage, and expensive to purchase solutions such as snapshots of data become available. These can then be used to quickly and simply recover data.
- Consolidate UNIX and Windows Storage-In the majority of Datacenters the UNIX and Windows data is kept separate. This leads to poor utilization rates and spending budget on disk for one platform where the other has plenty of free space.
Aztech Solutions server and storage consolidation solution will be tailored to meet your specific business requirements, designed to work with your existing infrastructure - and deliver the flexibility to leverage future technologies and meet future requirements